1. "Warning: The browser cant be used in virtual machine software such as Virtual PC, VMWare and Parallels."
See the Lockdown Browser article for explanation.
If you are on an HCC loaner laptop, follow this article for how to fix, or call us to walk you through it.
2. "Error Code a4: Update Check Failed:" (on Mac)
Another application is blocking access to LockDown Browser or there is an internet connection failure. See the LockDown Browser knowledge base article for explanation and solution.
3. "Update server connection is blocked or not available:" (On PC):
Security settings or another application is blocking access or that there is an internet connection failure. See the LockDown Browser article for explanation and solution.
4. "There is a problem with the settings for this exam:" or "Unable to retrieve settings from the Respondus server"
If you accessed this through an announcement or notifications link, go to the content area and/or folder within the course that contains the original link to the test. If you still get this error, contact your instructor. They will have to fix an error in the LockDown Browser dashboard.
5. "LockDown Browser froze during a test and I cannot exit:"
A dialog box from another application running in the background "froze" the LockDown Browser screen. See the Lockdown Browser article article for explanation and solution.
6. "Error Codes: -21, -105, -106 , -111, -118"
The above error codes indicate a problem with the network, not LockDown Browser. See the LockDown Browser article for explanation and solution.
7. Siri detected as running on Mac:
If Lockdown Browser won't run because it detects Siri, see the LockDown Browser article for explanation and solution.
8. Manually grant Lockdown Browser camera and microphone permission on macOS 10.14.x (and newer)
See this Lockdown Browser article for information.