Microsoft 365 One Drive Questions
1. Can documents in OneDrive be shared with students?
- Yes, you can share documents with students.
2. Can users share OneDrive files outside of HCC?
- Yes, you are able to share OneDrive files with users outside of HCC. They receive an email with a verification code in order to access the file.
3. Can I access my HCC OneDrive from my personal computer?
- Yes, you can access your HCC OneDrive from any device just by signing in using your HCC credentials.
4. How much storage is available on OneDrive?
5. Is there a time limit on how long a shared link is accessible?
- OneDrive links can be shared indefinitely; you will have control over how long to set the link open.
6. If we currently share files using Google Drive, should we switch to OneDrive instead?
- You can use whichever system works best for you. There is no mandate to use one or the other.
7. Does this mean that we will be moving away from Google completely?
- There are no plans to get rid of Google Drive. It can be used alongside OneDrive.
8. Can we store course materials such as PowerPoints, projects, activates, etc. in OneDrive?
- Yes, you can store that type of material on your OneDrive.
9. Can I store documents and files to my personal computer instead of OneDrive?
- Yes you can. You can go to “File”, then “Save As”, and then select the “This PC” option to save locally.
10. How long will a document stay in the OneDrive trash can before being completely deleted?
- The document will stay there for 93 days before it is permanently deleted.
11. Can users control the amount of time a document stays in the OneDrive trash can?
- No, the amount of time a document stays is set by the TSC.
Microsoft 365 Teams Questions
1. Can Teams be used to call students?
2. Will Teams be replacing Zoom?
3. Will Teams be replacing Skype?
- Yes, Skype will be removed from all HCC computers during the spring semester of 2021.
4. Can we create Teams within Teams?
- No, not at this time. IT is working on an ETA.
5. Do users need a Microsoft account in order to use Teams?
- Yes, you must have a Microsoft account to access and use Teams.
6. Can Teams be used with users outside of HCC?
- Yes, Teams can be used to meet with external users for meetings.
7. Is Microsoft Teams only for contacting HCC employees?
- Yes, Microsoft Teams is only for contacting HCC employees.
8. Can I access Microsoft Teams from a web browser?
- Yes, you can access Microsoft Teams from any web browser. Go to portal.office.com and sign in with your HCC credentials. Then select the Teams icon.
9. How long do conversations get stored in Teams?
- Conversations get saved by default for one year before they are deleted.
Other Microsoft 365 Questions
1. Can I download Microsoft 365 onto my personal computer?
2. If I need help installing Microsoft 365 onto my personal computer who can I contact?
- You can setup a meeting with the Technology Service Center by clicking on this link and scheduling a time.
3. Is there a limit to the number of devices on which a user can install Microsoft 365?
- Yes, the limit is 10. If you have an HCC desktop then that counts as one of your devices.
4. Will documents and files created with older Microsoft Office products still work with Microsoft 365?
- Yes, there should be no problems with opening older Microsoft Office documents in Microsoft 365.
5. Do I need to update Microsoft 365 on my computer manually?
- No, Microsoft 365 updates automatically on its own.